Navigation Pages

Wednesday, 3 June 2015

Where have you been? | Life Update

Hello everyone, I'm back!!
Sorry I disappeared from the face of the earth for a while. 
This past month has been exceedingly busy so here's a little life update on what I've been up to.

School Production Rehearsals
So my school is doing FAME the musical as their production this year! For those of you who don't know it's basically about a group of students in a performing arts school who have to rise to a series of various challenges that they encounter along the way.

Back in late February we had a full day of auditions where we all had to sing, dance and act our little hearts out in hope of getting a role. I was lucky enough to receive the role of Iris Kelly who is the 'best dancer' in the school! I was so overwhelmed as I've never been cast as a lead so this was a big step out of my comfort zone.

Since February, I've been dancing and singing at least twice a week in rehearsals and running over lines in my spare time. It's been pretty hectic but heaps of fun! There's something so joyous about being a different person for a while. The show is in about a month so I'm going to be super busy going over everything until it's perfect!!

Exams
Onto some less exciting news. Those dreaded mid-year exams came waaaay too quickly for my liking. Studying is my least favourite thing to do ever :( But hard work does lead to success so I just had to suck it up and get into the books. On the plus side, I got many days off to 'study' aka watch every TV series ever and eat everything!!
Party and Party and Yeah + work
Lots of my friends are May babies so I had a gathering nearly every weekend! They were pretty casual so I didn't take any photos for GRWM posts but there will be many more to come! Along with the parties came the reality of work. This took up majority of my weekends so I had no time to blog or do anything for myself for that matter.

Me Time
Speaking of doing things for myself, I've spent a lot of time lately, thinking about what I want to do with my life. At the moment I have absolutely no idea but I do know it has to be something I love.
So far this year, I spent way too much time obsessing about other people and not so much on myself. That way sound very vain and selfish but you need to love yourself before you are able to love others.

In the month of June I'm making it my goal to do more things that make me happy such as pamper nights and baking. Of course I'm still going to obsess over my friends lives and care about their problems all the same but I'm also going to make sure I have enough 'me time'.
If you are reading this, make it your goal too that this month you do more for you :)
So life hasn't been that exciting but at least it's kept me busy. I'd love to hear about exciting things happening in your lives so leave them in the comments!
Hope you enjoyed this little update and that you're having a great day :)

                                                                        ❀❀❀


2 comments:

  1. I love fame! I've just been enjoying this nice weather we've been having, it's so hot right now. Good luck with the musical! :) http://www.coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe for you! I live in Australia so it's winter now and it's rainy and cold :(

      Delete