Navigation Pages

Sunday, 1 February 2015

January Favourites

The start of a new month means it's time to talk about last month's favs.
This is my first favourites post of the year and I have to say it was hard to narrow down my list!
I've got lots of beauty favs as well as some random ones thrown in there.
Hope you enjoy xx

Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil 'Black Brown' $8.50
Let's start off with my favourite brow product of the month. 
It's got to be this pencil from Rimmel by far. Since it's been the holidays, I haven't wanted to spend a tone of time doing my makeup in the morning so I've been using this product non stop. 
Using light strokes, I can fill in both my brows in under 2 minutes. 
This pencil makes doing my brows quick and easy and it stays on all day too.
Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick 'Coral in Gold' $9.95


Next up is a lipstick favourite. I've been wearing this one by Rimmel in the shade 'Coral in Gold' nearly every single day of January. It's a very subtle orangey coral colour and it looks really natural on the lips. It's goes on more like a sheen rather than a bright block of colour so if you want it to stand out, I suggest wearing a lip liner underneath. In terms of quality, I find that I have to re-apply every hour or so if it's worn on its own but when it's over a lip liner, it lasts for an extra couple of hours. This lipstick is a great colour for summer but it could also be worn as a lovely autumn shade.
Truespa White Vanilla & Jojoba Body Butter

If you're lazy like me, you'll hate moisturising. Though with summer here, I've been getting pretty dry skin so I had to make the effort. I got this for christmas from Sonia and I've been using it ever since. I like it mostly because of its heavenly vanilla scent. It's also a really good moisturiser and it sinks into the skin without it feeling sticky. Unfortunately as this is a gift, I don't know where it's from but if you know, please leave it in the comments! 
Schwarzkopf Extra Care Marrakesh Oil & Coco Milk Express Mousse Treatment 125.0 ml $8.99
Summer means pools and beaches, but that also means disgusting pool and beach hair.
I don't know about you but my hair does not react well to pool water and the ocean. After spending a lovely day at the pool or beach, my hair develops this horrible texture that's all icky and feels like I've got glue running through it. In the pasts years, I would leave my conditioner in for about 10 minutes so it acted like a hair mask. This would help with the glue feeling but it still felt yuck for a couple of days. This was until I discovered this mousse treatment by Schwarzkopf with Marrakesh oil and Coco milk. The oil helps to break down the gluey texture and the milk helps to soften the hair, making it silky smooth again. I've been running this mousse through my towel dried hair after all my days spent at the pool or beach and not once have I been left with horrible feeling hair.
Please do your hair a favour and try this!!

Target Active Foam Roller- Grey $15
Now if you've read my The Power of Will Power post, you'll know that I started the Bikini Body Workout Guide by Kayla Itsines. A very important part of exercising is stretching and rehabilitation to make sure you don't injure yourself. I got this foam roller from target to help stretch my muscles after working out so I'm less sore the next day. I've found that doing it for only about 10 minutes really helps. Foam rolling itself is a little painful especially on your quads but its definitely a
no pain no gain situation! 


To help with all the different events and dates school brings, I decided to get a weekly planner from Kmart to help organise my week so I get everything done. I've found that just writing little reminders of what I need to do on that day helped a lot with the organisation of my day and it helped me actually complete everything on the list.
I think this will be great for school so you can write what days you're going to do your homework and if you stick to it, you won't be stressed when everything piles up at once.
Milk Bottle
One of my most favourite things this month has definitely got to be these milk bottles. Again, this was a christmas gift kindly given to me by my friend I've known since primary school, Marian, so I don't know where they're from. This just shows how much she knows me as I love cute things like this and I've also been making heaps of smoothies lately. She gave me two baby blue ones and two baby pink ones which I've been drinking from everyday whether it be a smoothie or just water. They just make drinking things so much more exciting and fun :')

Tell me what you've been loving in January below!

5 comments:

  1. Hi, first of all I love this post! All of your favourites look lovely! Secondly, we have nominated you for the liebester award. Check out our post for more info...
    FloralsAndCoralsx // Our Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the layout of your blog is beautiful!! I've nominated you for the liebster award. All the information you need is over on my post :) make sure to come over and leave a comment telling me that you have done it, so that I can check Your post out xx

    http://itscaitlinsblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou so much! I don't know if you read the comment above though^ as I was already nominated. Don't know how to go about getting nominated twice but thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh cool! I actually have that eyebrow pencil! ^^
    And I love your monthly planner! ♡

    X Cloudy Dreams//blog

    ReplyDelete