Navigation Pages

Saturday, 10 January 2015

The Power of Will Power

Recently I started the Bikini Body Workout Guide (BBG) by Kayla Itsines to try and improve my fitness as well as tone up. For those of you who don't know, this is a world famous 12 week fitness guide that's helping shape women around the world (literally). The guide contains 2 circuits for certain days of the week. The program gets harder and more intense with every week so the amount of workouts you do will vary. Basically, you have to complete each circuit as many times as you can in 7 minutes and then do it all over again. As well as resistance/circuit training, you have to do low intensity steady state (LISS) such as fast paced walking or bike riding and also high intensity interval training (HIIT).

Before I decided to start the workout, I spoke to a few people who had already done it and they all said is was very very hard. Now me trying to be positive thought no it can't be that hard... Well it is. Not just on your muscles but your mind as well.

Yesterday I did my first Full Body Workout from the guide. It was physically demanding as usual but something else was different. As I started my second round of the circuits, I found myself slowing down. My heart was beating out of my chest. I felt light headed and my legs felt like absolute jelly. I got to a point where I said to myself, is this worth it? I was going to quit.

This brings me on the topic of will power. In that moment I thought I couldn't go on. I had to use every inch of my mind to tell my body that it can keep going. My legs were burning, my face was dripping with sweat but I needed to keep going. If it wasn't for this enormous act of will power, I wouldn't have made it. A couple hours later, I felt great. I felt like I accomplished something that was a major struggle. So this made me think, in life when you're at a point where you're about to give up, don't. Use every part of you to tell yourself to keep going because in the end you're going to be so grateful you did.

So I guess the message of today is to push your limits even when you think you can't.

I hope this was somewhat helpful !
Thought I'd incorporate some of these posts into my blog every now and again :)

                                                                            ❀❀❀

No comments:

Post a Comment