Navigation Pages

Wednesday, 12 November 2014

Real Techniques ǀ First Impressions

I've been looking for good quality but affordable makeup brushes for a while now and I've finally found them! Everyone meet Real Techniques. 
You've probably already heard all about them but for those of you who haven't, let me introduce you.
These super soft synthetic brushes are made by Sam and Nic from pixiwoo on YouTube. In Australia these brushes are waaaay overpriced compared to other countries so I ordered mine through a website called iHerb.com. I would advise anyone who lives in Australia to do the same!
I purchased the Core Collection, Expert Face Brush and Blush Brush though I wish I had purchased more!


The Core Collection ($20.46):
This face set comes with 4 brushes- the contour brush, pointed foundation brush, detailer brush and buffing brush (from left to right).My favourite has to be the countour brush as it fits pefectly into the hollows of my cheeks. I'm not a big fan of pointed foundation brushes but this one really allows you to build up the coverage of a liquid foundation. The detailer brush is perfect for concealer but I prefer to use it as a lip brush for precise lines. I didn't purchase the powder brush as I thought the buffing brush would work just the same but as this brush is quite dense, I can't sweep on my powder as I usually do.This brush works perfectly with any foundation though!

The Expert Face Brush ($10.23):
You will not believe how this brush has changed my makeup forever. The Expert Face Brush buffs in my liquid foundation so well that you can't even tell I'm wearing foundation. My skin looks and feels so much better when I apply my foundation with this brush. Definitely recommend this one!!

The Blush Brush ($10.23):
Words cannot describe how amazing this brush feels! It's soooo soft and fluffy you just want to keep stroking your face. I've never owned a dome shaped brush but I'm so glad I do now. It's perfectly shaped to fit right on top of your cheekbones to apply a lovely stroke of blush or highlighter. This is now a regular part of life.
If you would like to order from iHerb.com and receive $5 off your first order click here!

Let me what your favourite makeup brushes are in the comments :)

5 comments:

  1. i own a couple real techniques brushes and i absolutely love them! i actually just ordered more! love the post!

    http://24shadesofinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got mine yesterday and am loving it!!!
    Definitely gonna get the blush brush soon as well!
    Lovely post! Do visit my blog and let me know if you wanna exchange follow!
    Mira | http://lemieletlavanille.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard only good things about Real Techniques and have ordered the core collection for Christmas!! Great post x

    www.alittlefreckle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh I've been eyeing these up for a while because my brush collection is a bit lacking! This is a great review!

    http://alexandrakaty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the real techniques makeup brushes and they're amazing! Loved this blog post!

    Kaci xo | earthtokace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete