Navigation Pages

Saturday, 29 November 2014

Priceline Haul ǀ First Impressions

Last week Priceline had 40% off all cosmetics so of course I had to pick up a few things and share them with you!
Hope you enjoy :)


Australis Fresh & Flawless Pressed Powder- Deep Natural (RRP: $11.95)
After hearing Brittney Lee Saunders rave about this, I knew I had to give it a go. I usually use the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder but I don't like to carry it around in my handbag as I'm scared the cheap plastic lid will crack. This is why I was so happy to hear about the Australis Fresh & Flawless Pressed Powder as it's a compact powder that even includes a mirror! The actual formula of this powder is great too and works just as well as my Rimmel Stay Matte Powder.


Essence Lipliner- 07 Cute Pink (RRP: $2.00)
I've never really seen the point in lipliners but lately the rave has been all about slightly overdrawing the lips so I thought I might as well give it ago. This was the very last Essence lipliner in stock so I just had to get it! The quality is amazing for the price and so is the colour pay off!

Australis Lip Pencil- Tickled Pink (RRP: $8.95)
I really wanted a lip liner that matched the colour of my lips so I could overdraw them a little, pop a clear lipgloss on top and have natural, fabulous, fuller lips. The Essence lipliner seemed a little too pink so I picked up this Australis one too. I am so glad I did because the colour matches perfectly and the formula is great too. It was obviously a lot pricier than the Essence one but I love the colour so much that I don't mind paying a bit more.

Left: Essence 07 Cute Pink
Right: Australis Tickled Pink
Essence I Love Extreme- Volume Mascara (RRP: $5.75)
After my beloved Maybelline The Falsies Mascara officially died, I decided to spread my wings and try something new. Again, I saw Brittney Lee Saunders use this Essence mascara in one of her videos  and it seemed to work well so I decided to try it. After using it for about a week, I have concluded that I like this mascara but I don't love it. I'm not sure if it's just because it's new but the product clumps slightly as you apply it. Apart from that it's a lovely mascara with a great applicator and I will continue using it until it runs out!


Essence Sun Club Matt Bronzing Powder- Blondes (RRP: $6.15)
Another YouTuber recommendation is this Essence bronzer by the beautiful Karissa Pukas. My usual bronzer/contour shade is part of the limited edition Face of Australia Contouring Kit. As it's limited edition, I can't get it anymore :( so I was on the hunt for another one. Since Karissa had raved and raved about it, I thought, why not. Unfortunately they didn't have the colour for brunettes but as I just wanted it for a general bronzer and not a contour shade I bought it anyway. When I swatched this, I was a little scared it would be too orange as it has a very obvious orange undertone but through blending you can achieve a really nice 'summer glow'.


Essence Sun Club- Blondes compared with Face of Australia contour kit
Essence Eyebrow Stylist Set- 01 Natural (RRP: $5.10)
I'm just going to start this by saying I have a love/hate relationship with my eyebrows. They're great for framing your face and completing your look but when it comes to shaping them and filling them in... absolute torture. I have very dark eyebrows (practically black) but when I use either a black eyebrow pencil or a black eyeshadow to fill them in, they turn into burnt slugs. I've tried using dark brown shades in the past but nothing looked natural enough. I thought this would be the same old story but I was pleasantly surprised. The darkest shade in the set isn't the exact shade of my brows but it comes very close. Through experimenting, I now apply this shade in short sweeping motions with an angled brush and then I use a tiny bit of the Maybelline EyeStudio Lasting Drama Gel Pot Liner in Charcoal on top to darken them a little. I found that these two products work together really nicely and make me hate my eyebrows a little less. I also forgot to mention that this kit comes with 3 eyebrow stencils and a little angled brush that I'm never going to use :p


❀❀❀

2 comments:

  1. They all sound like good products! I'm eager to try that essence bronzer!

    Melane | Pure Perspective

    ReplyDelete